Alan has spent many decades guiding families and preparing wills and trusts. He loves small details and takes pleasure in knowing intricate tax laws. He has helped countless families when they have lost a loved one. He is honest, kind, funny, and razor smart.
Previously, Alan was a tax manager at a national accounting firm in Washington D.C. He relocated to Rochester in 1984 because his wife, who was from Minnesota and wanted to come home. Minnesota has been his home ever since, and it is the place they raised their three children.
Alan Yanowitz has been nationally recognized for providing exceptional legal services.
- Since 1995, he has been recognized as a “Best Lawyer”
- In 2016, Best Lawyers named him the “Trust and Estate Lawyer of the Year” in the Minneapolis Metropolitan Area.
This designation includes Rochester, St. Paul, St. Cloud, Mankato and Winona.
Alan is passionate about learning and always staying abreast of the latest changes in the law. For that reason, Alan has made it a priority to serve on various committees and organizations, which have significantly shaped estate planning laws in Minnesota and throughout the United states.
- For more than fifteen years he has been a co-author of “Drafting Wills and Trusts Agreements”, which is published by the Minnesota Continuing Legal Education and is widely used by lawyers.
- Alan served as a representative of the Minnesota State Bar Association on the legislative committee which revised and commented on the recently adopted Minnesota Trust Code.
- He has been a frequent speaker at Minnesota Continuing Legal Education conferences.
- Since 1996 he has been a member of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, a highly regarded national group of trust and estate planning lawyers.
- Alan was a member of the governing councils of the Tax and Probate and Trust law sections of the Minnesota Bar Association